Sunday, September 30, 2007

Confession and more prayer for THE EVENT

First, the confession. Richard left Thursday for Indonesia. I tend to get pretty lazy when he's gone (he might say the same is true when he's not gone). So the past three nights, I have eaten frozen pizza for dinner. The same exact pizza, three nights in a row. I feel so dirty.

Now, some prayer needs for THE EVENT that starts in just two-and-a-half weeks:
  • Pray that more people register. This is apparently a busy time of year for lots of churches and an especially popular time of year for missions conferences. Who knew.
  • Pray that, regardless of numbers, all those who are there are impacted by the conference. That we all learn new things, are encouraged and challenged, and that we leave confident that it was well worth our time and investment.
  • That God would move in our presence. That He would let us know if we are hearing Him or if we're getting off track. That He would forgive me for worrying and controlling and that He would set me free to enjoy and listen to Him.
  • That the logistics of flights, sound systems, agendas, meals, hotel rooms, materials, videos and everything else would be smooth.
  • That God would protect us from cynicism, hardness of heart, distraction, discouragement, illness, impatience...Lord, be merciful, be mighty, be near.

1 comment:

OTRgirl said...

Funny. Jrex was out of town for three days this week and I realized I could easily die of malnutrition! With only myself to deal with I tried to live on cereal. Not good.

I'll keep The Event in prayer.