Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tired

I intentionally stayed home tonight (house to myself) so I'd have a few hours to decompress, relax, do nothing, be alone...My hope was to clear my head enough to be able to have a coherent thought, a clear emotion, something not buzzing or fuzzy or tangled. It's not so much happening so I'm thinking of just getting in bed.

I have a friend who journals all the time. I told her I didn't journal very consistently and she said to me, "You have to get that stuff (in your head) OUT!" She's right. Even when there's nothing in particular going on that's worrying me or bothering me or that I'm anticipating, it's good to put whatever is in my head "out there" from time to time so the things aren't crashing into each other and making noise and causing me headaches. But tonight I don't feel like venting or processing or, frankly, writing that much. So I'll keep it short.

I went to Boston last weekend for work. Boston is a beautiful city! Richard came with me and we had a lovely time walking up and down the streets, observing all the other people do the same. Richard thought everyone there had short legs, but I'm pretty sure there's not a statistically significant difference between their leg length and the rest of the world's. I think a lot of people wore low-riding jeans and wore boots, which could indeed have made their legs appear shorter than they were. We ate dinner at a great Indian restaurant a couple blocks away from our hotel.

Saturday, my dad and step-mom are coming into town; they'll be staying for 5 or so days. The Saturday after that, I'm going to Thailand for meetings.

A few nights ago, my friend Piper came over with her friend Jenn, who is an expert gardener. Jenn has offered to help Richard and me with the landscaping (and I emphasize land) in our back "yard" where we have mostly brick but a small flower bed and also want to grow some sort of vines to cover the pergola. I can't remember the last time I was as grateful as I was when Jenn said she'd be happy to pick out plants etc. for us now that she knows what we like -- we don't even have to go! What a blessing. Seriously, that made my week. My month, even.

It's very early but I'm going to get in bed and finish reading my book, In the Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz -- well worth reading if you're interested in learning more about the Democratic Republic of Congo and infamous dictator Mobutu Sese Seko. I have an early morning meeting followed by a 3-hour meeting...Makes me tired just thinking of it.

No comments: