Sunday, December 30, 2007

Week in Winnipeg

There's something that feels so right about being surrounded by mounds of snow at Christmas time. We are virtually buried here and it is cozy and cold and comforting. The temperature has been quite mild, all things considered, and although that is probably the fault of global warming, I'm enjoying it.

Richard and I have carelessly spent the last six days in no rush to do anything more strenuous than watch Battlestar Gallactica, breaking up our days with short walks or card games or visits to friends' homes. Two things have marked our time here: food and family. Both available in abundance, both more than I feel I can handle at times, both I've been tremendously grateful for. There is love and joy here, and much laughter. There is history. We are blessed.

In an hour or so we will go to church, the same church in which Richard grew up. But first, of course, a meal...

1 comment:

OTRgirl said...

I've been eating way too much lately! One of my coworkers is an amazing cook and he keeps bringing in munchies.

Your description of your time there sounds really cozy and wonderful though.